Fancy learning more about the universe?
Immersive Experiences have partnered with one of the UK's largest and most reputable providers of online astronomy courses, The Online Astronomy Society Academy to bring their highly comprehensive online GCSE courses.
Students can explore the universe and its wonders within this detailed course. Learn about the Earth and our place within the galaxy. You will also learn about observational astronomy and gain a deeper understanding on how to observe the night sky and appreciate it many wonders.
The online GCSE course we offer is the comprehensive available, providing strong learning outcomes including allowing users to undertake an exam at the end of the course, and gaining a certification.
GCSE Astronomy (key stage 4)
- Duration 12 months - applications open all year round
- No formal entry requirements, and open to all enthusiasts world wide
- Tutor support via forum, skype and email
- Study planner
- Text books, both hard copy and digital
- Downloadable worksheets
- New visual material and interactive media
- 2 assessed projects (aided and unaided)
- Final examination registration and completion
- Award of GCSE Astronomy qualification (subject to students final grade)
Free packet of space food ice-cream and meteorite*
Course cost options
- £300 + VAT per student
- £200 + VAT per student 10 or more
up to 10% discount available to students if booked alongside a planetarium visit
|Section One||Section Two|
- All students invited to view the online classroom, where they can read more about the GCSE astronomy course program
- Induction videos helping students settle into the course, which guide the students through how the VLE works and how to navigate it
- All tutors are online and are on hand to help with questions or concerns
- Dedicated forums for the whole cohort as well as individual tutor groups
- Each student provided with a study planner to help them keep up with the topics and ensure no-one falls behind
- A new textbook, written by Dr Nigel Marshall, which will be available to all students once the course begins
- * on completion of the course and attaining a grade C/5 or above, we will post out a sample of astronaut ice cream and real meteorite for free
- 10% discount applies only when you book a planetarium for your school or private party, dependent on dome size and student applications
- All administrative and management of student enrollment will be carried by our provider, The Online Astronomy Society Academy
- All agreements and terms are between the student and course provider.
- Terms & Conditions
- SEN requirements
- Exam Centres
- Sample material