Bring your talents to us!
Join the UK's fastest growing, progressive multi-purpose planetariums & 360° experiences company. Looking after over 250,000 customers every year worldwide
Our highly acclaimed events run across the UK, including: Planetariums, VR, Drones, Robotics, Parties, Histories, STEM and Fairs
Immersive Experiences has been voted 'Best Planetarium Provider 2019' and is the fastest growing progressive multi-purpose planetariums & 360° experiences company in the UK.
Featuring over 100 programs, covering education, entertainment and business sectors - we're known for our high quality, affordable yet visionary services.
Currently we look after over 250,000 people a year including over 100,000 children of all age and background, including special needs and multiple languages.
Our specialisms lay within creative education and experiential entertainment & marketing. The technology is based on 360° immersive projection, known as 'fulldome', which we fully integrate and enhance within our portable projection domes.
You will join our team, who on a daily basis look after all aspects of school science shows, planetarium presenting and events. Full training provided, as well as on the job training and amazing opportunities to work within different areas, such as birthdays, weddings, christmas, diwali etc
You will also receive the opportunity to work abroad, once you achieve 'senior presenter' status, and have demonstrated utmost loyalty and responsibility.
- you will travel to schools, businesses and charities across the UK and sometimes abroad.
- teach children (Nursery - Key stage 5) astronomy from the national curriculum and common entrance 13 syllabus
- learn new education policies whilst they are being developed, i.e. learn scripts, the science behind the subjects and the programs/software we use (full training will be provided)
- travel from your home each day, with a system, maintaining and looking after the system whilst its in your care (vehicle needed or small van provided where possible, but not garaunteed)
- bring learning to life with high energy performances, always pushing yourself to be the best
- run all shows inside a mobile planetarium
- carry equipment up to 35kg safely, so physical fitness is important
- early starts is common as we cover the entire country, but most school days finish either at 12pm or 3pm
- sometimes evening or late or weekend work is required, but this is optional
- parties and events are also delivered inside our domes, and will be offered to you as additional work
- look after and maintain equipment such as projectors, laptops and sound
- ensure the safety of visitors, children and staff at all times
- ensure the security of our equipment at all times
- a degree or masters in science/astronomy/physics ideally but not essential (2.1 or above)
- transport in terms of a reliable car or small van
- an interest in Astronomy (essential)
- teaching experience or experience working with children of different ages
- a desire to work to very high standards and to contually push the standards higher
- ability to work to tight deadlines with superb time management skills
- an understanding of the science curriculum both national and common entrance 13
- an open mind to learning and flexible attitude to presenting
- your own vehicle, reliable and safe for long distance driving at times
What you will receive
- in return, we will open the world of education to you, and share our passion for creative learning like you have never seen before
- you will receive opportunities for all expense trips across the UK and Europe at our spectacular events where we showcase our services and products (recently showcased at the Bett Show, London and willl returning for New Scientist Live)
- full training will be provided by our world class presenters, and if sucessful a trial period will be necessary as you settle in to the role.
- there is huge scope for progression and you will be working closely with the Director to help grow the business through networking event as well as day to day planetarium work
- fuel contribution costs are paid, as well as daily contract fee. Also bonuses paid for additional work or clients you bring in to us
Job Types: Part-time, Temporary, Internship, Contract, Permanent
Salary: £80.00 to £125.00 /day