Everything you need to know before making a booking
If your question is not answered below please contact us
What are 'immersive experiences'?
Our 'mobile planetariums' are inflatable, portable, digital planetarium domes. Inside we can project everything from astronomy to biology to art on a 360° screen.
How big are your digital planetariums?
We currently operate 5m and 6m diameter domes.
Can these domes be used outdoors?
All our domes are made for indoor use only, however they can be used outside if sheltered inside a dry, secure marquee.
How many people can the domes accommodate?
5m dome : up to 30 small children or 15 adults or 20 mixed or 6 wheelchair users
6m dome : up to 60 small children or 30 adults or 40 mixed or 8 wheelchair users
NOTE: these are the capacities for seated audiences.
How much space do the domes require?
5m dome : 6.0 x 6.0m floor space with 3.1m ceiling clearance
6m dome : 6.6 x 6.6m floor space with 3.7m ceiling clearance
How long does it take to set up and take down?
Between 40-50min to set up and 25-35min to take down.
How far do you travel?
We are the only mobile planetarium and 360° portable experience provider to fully cover the United Kingdom. We're based in London, Birmingham & Manchester, with presenters located all over the country
What do you require from the venue?
- an indoor space with a clean floor
- one power socket per dome
Additional (optional) requirements:
- all venues are encouraged to provide gym mats or other comfortable flooring
- depending on the nature of non-school bookings, it may be advisable for the venue to provide a full-time assistant for the duration of the booking (otherwise we will need to bring an extra member of staff, resulting in greater expense for the venue).
Do you provide a risk assessment?
Yes, our risk assessment can be viewed here
Do you offer accessible shows?
- all our domes are fully wheelchair accessible.
- many of our shows are also available in different languages, please check the catalogue or contact us for details.
Can I create my own content to screen in your dome?
Yes, we are strong advocates of the new ‘fulldome’ (360˚) digital medium and will happily work with you to create your own content.
When do I need to pay?
5m dome - payment needs to be received before the date of the visit.
6m dome - payment needs to be received before the date of the visit.
Can I cancel a booking?
For a full refund, cancellations need to be made at least 2 weeks before the booking date (for the 5m dome) and 3 weeks before the booking date (for the 6m dome). For cancellations made after this period we reserve the right to hold part or the full amount to recover costs due to loss of business.